IE View 1.2.8 is now available at addons.mozilla.org, and from the IE View homepage. This release is mainly for the sake of some bugfixes and performance improvements; added command-line flexibility; a ton of new translations; and an updated max-version number that allows it to work with Firefox 2.0 Beta 1.
To quote the change log:
- Marked compatible with Firefox 2.0b1
- Added extra-arguments setting (ieview.ieargs)
- Cleaned up the Advanced Options tab
- Skipping link search on about:config
- Avoiding timing issues when closing reload page
- Updated / added translations: Basque, Brazlian Poruguese, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Danish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Ialian, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish
If you’re running Firefox 1.0.8 or earlier, do not run IE View 1.2.8. There is an error in one of the language files which will crash those versions of Firefox. v1.2.9 is now available, and fixes the bug. In the meantime, if you do have this problem, see bug 14746 for a fix.
Firefox v1.5 and above are not affected by this problem.