So, if you like Audible, but hate the useless interface:
- Bookmark this page. You’ll need to come back after restarting Firefox.
- Install Greasemonkey here.
- Restart Firefox (told you).
- Load the Audible fix user script.
- From the Tools menu, select Install User Script.
- Click OK on the ensuing dialog.
- Load up an audible.com page.
Everything look the same? Good. Hover over a link, however. Look at the status line. Instead of, say,
https:... link. You can open it as usual, in a new tab, in a new window – all the normal things you can do with a link.
Except save it across sessions or pass it to a friend to help sell an audio book. Audible will have to fix that particular brain-fart themselves.
Update: the script now creates bookmarkable links, as well. Details…